Monday 19 September 2011

Meet the Team Part 2

Welcome to week two Meet the Naturalmat team. We hope you enjoy learning a bit more about us.

Name: Chris Rose

A bit about me:

I was born in Gloucester but moved to Crediton in Devon when I was young and later on in life raised my family in Exeter. I’ve had several jobs where I’ve worked as a machinist and a number of them have even been alongside Annie Cudmore. Outside of work I enjoy shopping, looking after my grandchildren and listening to music from the 60s and 70s.

My Usual day:

I’ve worked as a machinist for Naturalmat for about 10 months now. Our production manager Colin Bray provides me with the purchase orders at the start of the day and Annie and I work out a plan of who is best suited to deal with each of the different tasks. At the moment much of the work that I am dealing with is for USA mattresses. I really enjoy the various tasks that I am responsible for and I have a good relationship my colleagues. I think these factors make Naturalmat a great place to work. It’s good to see the business growing and doing well in the hotel, domestic and marine markets. The days are never boring at Naturalmat and I like the fact that I feel a part of the whole process and not on a conveyer belt, which can often be the case with some companies. The Naturalmat team almost feels like family to me, I normally take my breaks at the same time as the rest of the team and Annie and I have a chat throughout the day. I’m very busy at the moment so the time goes by really fast. Annie and I are making sure we are up to date with things and sometimes even stay a bit later than usual to ensure that we don’t fall behind.

What is your favourite item within the Naturalmat catalogue?

I love all of the baby mattresses that we do in cot bed sizes, whether it’s a Coco, Latex or Mohair Mat, I think they all are fantastic. I really like the fact that Naturalmat’s baby mattresses are made by hand in Devon and the lambswool contained within them has been sourced from local farms in the West Country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment..we'd love to hear from you x